Home Decor & Improvement
- Office Products
Bedding & Bath
- Kitchen & Dining
- Event & Gifts
Floating row cover is made with high-quality UV stabilizer polypropylene fabric to protect a wide variety of plants from weather changes, diseases, and environmental impacts. The row cover also has the power to cause seed germination. By trapping the perfect amount of heat and humidity, you can start gardening during any season! Plus, you don’t have to use aggressive chemical sprays anymore. The cover prevents many types of pests from touching your hard work. It stops birds from eating your seeds and insects from chewing on your plant's leaves, without causing any harm to them or your plants. The cover is also very breathable and allows light, water, and air to pass through.
I love these things! The plastic is not as heavy as in years earlier but still strong enough to work fine. I've even had crows standing on top without caving in the dome.
Which Weight Cover do I Need?
We offer different sizes of row covers, with different layers of thickness, to accomodate all types of landscaping:
1) Lightweight covers have 70%-85% of light transmittance and can be left on many crops (e.g., beets, snap beans, salad greens) from seeding to harvest. (0.55 oz/ 0.9 oz)
2) Medium weight covers help speed up crop maturation and increase yield space. They are useful for extending the season in both spring and fall by retaining some heat. (1.2 oz)
3) Heavyweight covers are usually used to extend the growing season in spring and fall, allowing 20%-50% of light transmittance, and protecting against frost protection. (1.5-3.0 oz)
*A thicker fabric increases the weight value of the cover, so that higher temperatures are maintained.
How do I use a row cover?
Row covers can be draped directly over plants and held to the ground with rocks, boards, bricks, and sod pins. The growing plants push the cover up if you give it enough slack.
• The real color of the item may be slightly different from the pictures shown on website caused by many factors such as brightness of your monitor and light brightness.
• Please allow slight deviation for the measurement data.